Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Restore databse SQL7 to SQL2000

Hi
I am trying to restore a SQL7 database to an SQL2000 server. The
restore only manages to restore the tables. It does not restore the
data. What am I doing wong ? Any help will be appreciated.RESTORE does give you an image of the database. Perhaps you by mistake restored the wrong backup?
Can you do SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tblname on some of the table to determine the number of rows in
them?
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Arian" <arian@.rocketmail.com> wrote in message
news:1108737187.461333.17340@.l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hi
> I am trying to restore a SQL7 database to an SQL2000 server. The
> restore only manages to restore the tables. It does not restore the
> data. What am I doing wong ? Any help will be appreciated.
>|||I got the backup from a client. Since I only have one backup that
could'nt be the problem.
On count I get 0 on most of the tables.
The database size was 798mb on the sql 7 server and the backup is 109
mb and the restored db is 798. So the size of the db matches.|||Hi Tibor
Managed to sort it. I did the restore thru query analyzer with the
following syntax and it worked fine.
RESTORE DATABASE mydb FROM disk='d:\mssql7\backup\mydb_db.bak'
WITH MOVE 'mydbdata' TO 'd:\mssql7\data\mydbdata.mdf',
MOVE 'mydblog' TO 'd:\mssql7\data\mydblog.ldf',
REPLACE
go

No comments:

Post a Comment