Friday, March 30, 2012

Restore DB**

Hi
Thanks for your reply,
now I tried to restore master DB to create related
logins, but following error appeared:
--
restore database must be used in single user mode
when tring to restore the master database .
restore database is terminated abnormally.
--
what's wrong?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 07:36:12 -0500, Ray Higdon <sqlhigdon@.nospam.yahoo.com>
wrote:
quote:

> This link should help you
> http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;246133
> HTH
>

Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/Thanks for your reply
I used "sp_change_users_login" and I've got
successfull result ,but there's a question
with me,
(note : my DB =dbtest, Login=L1 , User=U1)
now when I select login properties of my L1 which
added manually I see there's user U1 related to it,
nut when I refer to database dbtest and I expand the
user section of it in enterprise manager I just
see the U1 in "name" colunm and there's nothing in
"loginname" colunm,and permit in "database access" colunm.
why?
but when I connect as L1 and try to select or create or ...
table,there's no problem.
thanks,
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 17:59:16 +0530, Hari <hari_prasad_k@.hotmail.com> wrote:
quote:

> Hi,
> After restoration you can use the system stored procedure to fix the
> login
> issue,
> sp_change_users_login
> Please refere BOL for more infomation. The only issue is you may need to
> create the logins manually based on the first server. After that you can
> run
> the above procedure with required parameters.
> Thanks
> Hari
> MCDBA
>
>
> "RM" <m_r1824@.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:opr1gd7geghqligo@.msnews.microsoft.com...
>

Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/sql

No comments:

Post a Comment