Friday, March 30, 2012

Restore DB to sql 2k

After restoring a db from SQL 7.0 running on a Win98
system (English version) to a SQL 2000 on an XP system
(Spanish version) I get the following message on a stored
procedure:
Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 9, Procedure
sp_RptPartida, Line 33
Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.
I did not get such message in the old system. Is there a
way to avoid it. I need to be able to maintain the db on
my client (they have sql 7.0) and I wish to do the
development on sql 2000.There is a conflict in collations between your Charcter table attributes
that you are comparing
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_da-db_7ory.asp
http://tinyurl.com/3dr2j
--
Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE,MCDBA
www.SQLDTS.com
I support PASS - the definitive, global community
for SQL Server professionals - http://www.sqlpass.org
"Mauricio" <macs01@.telesal.net> wrote in message
news:036f01c3cb24$72727230$a001280a@.phx.gbl...
> After restoring a db from SQL 7.0 running on a Win98
> system (English version) to a SQL 2000 on an XP system
> (Spanish version) I get the following message on a stored
> procedure:
> Server: Msg 446, Level 16, State 9, Procedure
> sp_RptPartida, Line 33
> Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation.
> I did not get such message in the old system. Is there a
> way to avoid it. I need to be able to maintain the db on
> my client (they have sql 7.0) and I wish to do the
> development on sql 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment