Wednesday, March 28, 2012

restore db

Hi, I'm trying to restore tran log and the server returns error nb. 4330:
The log in this backup set cannot be applied because it is on a recovery path inconsistent with the database.
Please, dont you know, where the problem is?
thanks for any advice...Probably the logs have to applied in order that they were dumped to the last full backup...

Or are you trying to last full back up and have the wrong file?|||Of course I did it with right backup and in a right order...|||Originally posted by Kubas
The log in this backup set cannot be applied because it is on a recovery path inconsistent with the database.

Sorry, I didn't know...you need to supply for information...

My mind reader machine is broken at the moment...

Can you show us your restore code?

Are the file located on different drives? How many logs did you have to apply?

Is the process automated?

Do you map and unmap the drives after the restore?|||Nevermind :)
I found out new fact that could cause the problem:

I made komplet backup of database before reinstalation SQL server. After that reinstalation a made backup of tran log..
Now I'm not able to load the tran log on the komplet database.

I loaded complet backup in EM with norecovery option.
Then in QA I tried to start this code:

use master
restore log Backup
from disk = 'F:\MSSQL\BACKUP\CallCentrum\CallCentrum_db_200310 100030.BAK'
with file = 2,
stopat ='3.11.2003 12:55 AM'
(tran log is in the same file as complete backup, therefore file =2)
In that moment I get back the error msg. nb. 4330

I think the problem is in reinstalation, although the pathes didnt change. The complete backup is made on another instalation of SQL Server then the tran log...

I hope I descibed it understandable..

Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
Sorry, I didn't know...you need to supply for information...

My mind reader machine is broken at the moment...

Can you show us your restore code?

Are the file located on different drives? How many logs did you have to apply?

Is the process automated?

Do you map and unmap the drives after the restore?

No comments:

Post a Comment