Friday, March 30, 2012

Restore db from SQL 2k5 beta 2 to SQL 2k5 final

I have a db I created in SQL 2005 Beta that I would like to keep. I have a
new SQL 2005 server built with the release version. I tried to restore the
DB and I get an error that it is an earlier version and it cannot restore. I
also tried to detach and attach to the new server. I got a similar error
message.
Is there any way to get this to work other than recreate the DB?
You need to extract the data and import it into the released version. You
can probably script the schema from the old one and run that on the new one
but you can not restore them.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"Aaronous" <Aaronous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EB2C59E6-9073-4271-BBFE-2A21320D8724@.microsoft.com...
>I have a db I created in SQL 2005 Beta that I would like to keep. I have a
> new SQL 2005 server built with the release version. I tried to restore
> the
> DB and I get an error that it is an earlier version and it cannot restore.
> I
> also tried to detach and attach to the new server. I got a similar error
> message.
> Is there any way to get this to work other than recreate the DB?
>
|||Only certain CTP builds (documented at the time) have upgrade paths to RTM -
which CTP/Beta version is the database?
Paul Randal
Lead Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@.shadhawk.com> wrote in message
news:OH%23FBlaEGHA.1088@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You need to extract the data and import it into the released version. You
> can probably script the schema from the old one and run that on the new
> one but you can not restore them.
> --
> Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
>
> "Aaronous" <Aaronous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:EB2C59E6-9073-4271-BBFE-2A21320D8724@.microsoft.com...
>
|||I exported it. DTS wizard came up and walked me through. Very nice and
easy. Thanks.
"Paul S Randal [MS]" wrote:

> Only certain CTP builds (documented at the time) have upgrade paths to RTM -
> which CTP/Beta version is the database?
> --
> Paul Randal
> Lead Program Manager, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "Andrew J. Kelly" <sqlmvpnooospam@.shadhawk.com> wrote in message
> news:OH%23FBlaEGHA.1088@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment