Wednesday, March 28, 2012

restore db dump

Hi,
I have a problem during the recovery of the sql db dump.
A user had sql server installed in driver c, my application backed up a db
using 'backup database'. Later on the user reinstalled sql server to driver
d, and ran my application to do the recovery. The restore db was successful
but after restart my app it complained that cannot connect to the db. I foun
d
the db was restored in driver c but not in driver d.
How can I fix this problem?
Thanks
WilliamThe new installation of SQL server isn't aware of the restored database. Use
the sp_attach_ db stored procedure (or wizards in Enterprise Manager) to add
the database to the server.
"William" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem during the recovery of the sql db dump.
> A user had sql server installed in driver c, my application backed up a db
> using 'backup database'. Later on the user reinstalled sql server to drive
r
> d, and ran my application to do the recovery. The restore db was successfu
l
> but after restart my app it complained that cannot connect to the db. I fo
und
> the db was restored in driver c but not in driver d.
> How can I fix this problem?
> Thanks
> Williamsql

No comments:

Post a Comment