Friday, March 30, 2012

Restore default security settings on MASTER database

I have a utility script that I wrote sometime ago to grant access to all
tables and stored procedures in a database to the PUBLIC user group.
Unfortunately, I used it on another server on which my default database was
not setup and as such it has been run against the MASTER database resulting
in completely screwed security on that database.
It is not a production server and as such I can remove and re-install SQL2k
if required, but before I do; is there any known way to re-instate the
default security settings?
Cheers.U can run rebuildm, this however will rebuild (master, msdb, model) so make
sure U have good backup of msdb and possibly model if you have any specifics
in there.|||Thanks. That was what I was looking for.
Martin.
"Olu Adedeji" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C55C7D94-1F3F-4C79-955F-8B0565129D92@.microsoft.com...
> U can run rebuildm, this however will rebuild (master, msdb, model) so
make sure U have good backup of msdb and possibly model if you have any
specifics in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment